The Osprey

Artisanal Burger Company

Back to Article
Back to Article

Artisanal Burger Company

On Saturday 10/14, I spent the day shopping at Evergreen Walk in South Windsor. I drive to Evergreen and Buckland Hills Mall frequently, so I have eaten at many of the restaurants there, such as Bonefish Grill, Burton’s Grill, and Maggie McFly’s. I was up to trying something new, and I drove by a restaurant that appeared to be newly built and packed with customers. The restaurant was the Artisanal Burger Company, and upon first instincts, I decided to give it a shot. The inside was huge; after you passed the entrance, there was a sports bar on the right with very high stools (which I would not be able to get onto), and to the left there was a huge dining area. You could tell that the restaurant was brand new because the seats and upholstery were very modern, and the floors were spotless. Upon being seated, I was told by my waitress that every ingredient the chefs use is organic and from local farms. She also said they were known for their milkshakes, which looked delicious (chocolate candy nightmare? tiramisu? yum!). Once I opened the menu, my speculation that this restaurant was not a normal burger joint was validated: these were burgers on steroids. For example, the chorizo burger (1/2 pork, 1/2 beef patty with poblanos, jalapenos, pepperjack, cilantro aioli, pico de gallo, tortilla strips) sounded tasty but spicy, and the Double Trouble burger (two five-ounce beef patties, American cheese, between two grilled cheeses, bacon, lettuce, and tomato) sounded heart-attack inducing. After perusing the menu, I decided to go with a burger that was more on the normal side, which was the Triple B burger with a beef patty, BBQ sauce, smoked blue cheese, applewood bacon, lettuce, and tomato, with a side of onion rings. My dining companion ordered the Wild Mushroom burger with a beef patty, swiss cheese, sauteed mushrooms, and caramelized onions, with a side of fries. The portions were huge- so huge in fact that I knew I was not going to be able to finish my whole meal. However, I would rather face this issue than getting a small portion size and leave still feeling hungry. The food was very good-you could tell that the patties and veggie toppings were very fresh, and the onion rings were fried in beer batter, just the way I like them. My Yum Sum rating is a 4/5. Be sure to stop by after you finish shopping at Buckland and Evergreen Walk!