Freshman Lock-In Review

I recently had the opportunity to sit down with Maggie Wisner, a member of the Class of 2020 at LOLHS, to discuss the Freshman Lock-In. This event is an annual tradition at LOLHS. Because there are mixed responses that occur due to this event, I thought it was best to sit down with Maggie to get her take on the event.

What was the Freshman Lock-In?

The freshman lock-in was a way for our grade to come together and sleepover at the school. Everyone seemed to have fun and it was an overall bonding experience for us.

How did you think the night went?

It was actually very successful. We did not have many behavioral issues nor did anyone get in trouble. Everyone had a good time. However, at times it was hard to contain everyone.

How many kids showed up? 

about 30

What activities did you do? 

We had open gym and spent time in the Commons and watched a movie around 12 a.m. We also had a Wii set-up and played Just Dance and Mario Kart. There were pizza and snacks available also.

Would you suggest that the school continue this tradition? Why or why not?

It was a bit troublesome to organize and get everyone together but in the end, it turned out fantastic. Multiple students asked if we could organize something like this more than once a year, so I would be willing to do something like this again. Also, a huge thanks to Ms. Macione and the other teachers and student representatives that helped carry it out.